Hello friends and happy Friday!
I was thinking about today’s post and there was something about “fun fact Friday” that called out to me. While looking or some prompts, I found this lovely blog from Thought Catalog: “50 questions to ask a girl, if you want to know who she really is.”
I thought it was a great list and will help give you guys a little more information about me! Win win! So here we go:
1. What’s one thing that’s happened to you that has made you a stronger person?
- Something that made me stronger was…when my ex of almost 6 years, whom I was engaged to up and left me the first week of December in 2015. We had just purchased a house, had 2 dogs and everything was going well – as far as I knew. We had been friends for 12 years and most of those he was my “best friend.” Having to gather the strength to become a single home owner, care for myself, the pups and figure out how I was going to afford life with my income was a huge hurdle. He also did not tell his parents, so when Christmas came around and they were expecting us, I got the call from his mother…which I had to tell her. I had to tell everyone, his family, mine and friends. It was one of the hardest things I have ever had to go through and yet, I was kind to him…for a while J. Abandonment is hard – without closure and having to handle everything on my own, including calling the wedding vendors (thanks for those non-refundable deposits guys)! Ugh! He also left everything of his, so I got to pack and sort it all….donated a lot and got a few bucks from selling his things after his “notice” came and went. I am much stronger than I thought I could ever be, but I still have a few trust issues till this day. They are getting better but – that fear is still there.
2. What’s one thing that’s happened to you in your life that made you feel weak?
- The above situation made me feel very weak, but also having men still break up with me or leave me post that incident makes me feel weak, like something is wrong with me. At the end of the day, I know I did the best I could but those days do come from time to time.
3. Where is one place you feel most like yourself?
- Curled up in a blanket in my home or with my loved one.
4. Where is your favorite place to escape to?
- Home, bookstore, craft stores, cuddling with pups, walking in nature and cuddling with my other….or whatever he is.
5. Who do you think has had the largest influence on the person you are today?
- Most of my life, I had to be independent or the “adult”. I am the one that my family (including parents) comes to in a crisis and always been that way. Same with my friends so honestly, I am who I am today because of me really. My mother taught me the importance of a credit score when I was like 12 so I can thank her for that I guess J.
6. If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?
- I wish that I could vocalize my feelings more efficiently…or understand my own thoughts and emotions better. That way I can express them to the ones who may be causing me stress. I feel that most of the time when I try, I do not get my point across or they just do not understand…or I end up leaving out parts or words and it’s just a mess haha. I can understand and assist others no problem, I just have issues with me.
7. If you had one day left to live, what would you do first?
8. What decade do you feel you most belong in?
- This is a tough one; I have an old soul for sure. Perhaps the 50s?
9. Who are you closest to in your family? Why?
- My family is not really a “close” family if you will. If I had to pick one, my oldest brother.
10. Who is the one person in this world that knows you best?
- My therapist 😀 haha um that is a tough one as well…not too many people know everything about me, I am pretty private and only share certain things with certain people – know your audience! If I had to pick someone, it was probably my ex-fiancé, with that much history, he knew everything about my crazy self and complicated family.
11. What is your favorite quality about your best friend?
- That she is opposite of me, she is an extrovert, bold and forward, it’s a good balance.
12. When you were younger what did you think you were going to be when you grew up?
- Well known photographer, I wanted nothing more than to capture motocross action shots (I have been riding dirt bikes since I was 5) or nature.
13. If you could identify with one fictional character (from a book, show, or movie) who would it be?
- A mix of Tina, Louise & Linda Belcher from Bob’s Burgers
14. Do you easily accept compliments? Or do you hate compliments?
- They are really nice to hear because I am really hard on myself but I just don’t know what to say…. usually an awkward “thank you” with some weird nonsense follow up. I wish I was better at them haha.
15. Is your favorite attribute about yourself physical or non-physical?
- I have struggled with this but with the support of my fellow blog fam & a few close people supporting the idea…I love that I am a bleeding heart. I will do literally anything/anytime/any place for the few close to me. I will continue to give limitless love and support for my small circle. While they are not the same and it is not as accepted, I am happy to say at the end of each day – that I did my best for whomever.
16. What is your favorite physical attribute about yourself?
17. What is your favorite non-physical attribute about yourself?
18. Do you believe in love at first sight?
- Love is such a complex thing. It involves humans who come with their own shit and backgrounds that love at first sight does not fit in my world. I am a HUGE hopeless romantic, don’t get me wrong there…but love takes time. You have to find that person who balances you and stays next to you on the wild roller coaster of life. I feel there can be a connection but not love at first sight.
19. Do you believe in soul mates?
- Ah, a good question Thought Catalog! I blogged about this previously, I do not fully believe in soul mates – again love is complex. As unromantic as it is, love is hard work and a choice to me. Find that partner in crime that best fits you or “your kind of crazy” and you are good to go J.
20. How seriously do you take horoscopes?
- I don’t really take them seriously. I will check mine every once in a while out of curiosity but to me they are all very vague and depending on your mood – no matter what they say, you will find something to identify with if you are looking for something in particular. I will say traits of my sign if you will are more relatable. Apparently my Taurus stubbornness is a real thing haha.
21. Have you ever been in love? How many times?
- I think love is different at various life stages. I have been in love and I am one to love easily and hard for ones I feel that connection with… so I would say I have been in love a couple times at different levels. One time at a very deep level…eh!
22. What makes you fall in love with someone?
- I tell people that I fall in love with souls. Some of my friends are more into the physical aspect, I am more on the side of: if we connect on a level and I feel comfortable to be myself 100% I will love harder than anything in this world. Example, if he gets my anxiety and weird quirks without running away and if they have them too!? That level of understanding and acceptance is love to me.
23. What does vulnerability mean to you? What has the ability to make you vulnerable?
- Opening up to someone 100%, without fear of judgment of your past, family issues, your habits, passion, falling in love with someone so deeply that they have the ability to crush you…but trust they wont.
24. What’s one thing you’re scared to ask a man, but really want to?
- What do you love about me? The fear is the reply will be an awkward pause and nothing really came to mind.
25. If you were a man for a day, what would be the first thing you do?
- I really have no idea on this one? I guess
26. What do you find most attractive about each sex?
- Men– Their strength yet their ability to be vulnerable at times, Women – Their strength as well but with the ability that some can do it in 5 inch heels!
27. What’s one thing you’d love to learn more about?
- I love to learn in general… music, backgrounds, religions, coping skills, hobbies etc. anything and everything.
28. What is something you’ve never done that you’ve always wanted to do?
- Move to a warmer state or have a warm get-away home
29. Why haven’t you done it yet?
30. If money didn’t matter, what would your dream job be?
31. If you had off from work today, what would you do?
- Sleep in and hibernate from the snow!!
32. What was the last thing that made you cry?
- Feeling lonely and unloved
33. What was the last thing that made you laugh?
- A dog pun from Caterpillar
34. What is your favorite memory?
- Humm… I will get back to you on this one!
35. What’s the last thing that REALLY embarrassed you?
- My friend was starting a new yoga class and me being the hater of exercise decided to send a meme of yoga poses with “new names” if you will. For example, the one I told her that I related to and the only one I really paid attention to on the chart of like 9 was the “murder victim.” This pose is the one where you are laying down and looks like a stellar napping pose. Well, it turns out the 2 directly above it, that I somehow did not focus on were called: The Crotch Opener and the Suck my D*** Pose. When she replied with “oh my…” I rechecked my meme and about died. That was HORRIBLY crass…my bad. Lesson of the day, read the entire thing before sending off hahaha.
36. What is your biggest fear?
- Currently: never getting married or having a life partner to share life with or have a family with.
37. Do you have any regrets? What’s your biggest one?
- Humm I try not to think on regrets, everything shapes us – right?!
38. Have you ever broken a law? If you haven’t what is one law you’d love to break?
- Nothing outside of traffic violations
39. What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done?
- I try to play life safe…but my back is pretty much covered in tattoos. To some that is crazy, other than that taking on massive hills on dirt bikes for years.
40. Would you have a conversation with a stranger?
- I am kind of a shy gal, I will chat occasionally but I keep to myself
41. Would you tell a stranger they have toilet paper hanging from their shoe? Or their dress tucked into their underwear? (Or anything else that is embarrassing to be seen in public)?
- Yes because I would want someone to tell me!
42. What’s your favorite joke?
- I do not really have one, I just like puns haha
43. Are you a dog person or a cat person?
44. If you could be any animal, what animal would you be?
45. What’s one show, movie, or book, you’re embarrassed to admit you enjoy?
- I have watch Gossip Girl occasionally on Netflix…
46. How do you think your parents would describe you as a child?
47. If you could go back to any age or time of your life, what age or time would it be?
- 27 so I could tell that mofo “no” so I could have avoided a huge disaster
48. What’s something you believe in that not everyone else does?
- That we have connections with people/souls love certain souls more than others
49. What’s one thing you would say that makes you unique from other people?
- I embrace my inner child and encourage others to do so too. Life is too stressful at times not to.
50. What is one thing you feel your life is missing?
- Stability, I just don’t feel it that much anymore. Granted I have a great job that supports my little home and 3 pups, has great insurance and I am able to pay my bills etc. However, I just feel like I am missing that person in my life that would fight for me, like I do them.