Hello friends & happy Monday!
I just took a peek at my last post and it has been a freaking month since I posted something in depth.
So… I guess you could say I have been struggling.
I do not seem to have a real reason for this. Or maybe the list is too long for me to process. I have therapy tomorrow, so hopefully I can figure some things out.
Some things that have been bouncing around in my head:
- I strongly considered deleting my blog. I feel like maybe I am too fucked up to even form a thought, let alone something coherent for you to read. However, thanks to you all for keeping up some views, comments and a special thank you to Quinn over at When do I get the Manual. If you have not had a chance to check out her blog – please do! It is amazing and she is a fantastic writer – someone that I have looked to for blog inspiration for a long time now. SO if she can encourage me to keep going. Dammit I am going to try!
- Motorcycle riding is equally stressful and freeing. I love it so much and it is truly the only time that I truly “unplug.” I should probably do that more.
- I have taken on freeways and night riding – woo!
- Speaking of unplugging, I have been toying with the idea of closing social media. I would keep my blog of course but as many of you have experienced, sometimes social media can chew you up, spit you out and perform a perfectly timed choreographed dance on your self-esteem. Then comes the mental health decline & as much as I want to chant “do not compare yourself to strangers on the internet,” I still do. I have closed several accounts over my years for this reason – sigh. It comes and goes. Also, not so sure it’s great for relationships hahaha. We have all seen those articles or memes right? Uggghhh – well it all goes hand in hand right?
- Have you gone through these phases as well?
- I found this interesting and wanted to share:
- I realize that I have gone full on recluse. It was unintentional, I did not even realize I was doing it but…I have been a very solitary human lately. I am sure my friends noticed way before I did and I must start forcing myself back into the world.
- Napping has become one of my favorite self care practices …or hobby at this point!
- I have had some notable events happen with my other half. Some that I am still unsure of. Nothing too crazy but enough to make me wonder if this I am more invested than him & how I should move forward.
So a lot has been ping-ponging back and forth in my head. Unfortunately, I think I am more depressed than I thought. So here is to working on digging out of that hole, reconnecting with ALL OF YOU and taking care of myself.
**I hope everyone is doing fantastic in life and please share some thing with me that has happened recently! Life event, joke, a meme or article that struck home for you.**
Until next time,