Monday coffee with… Ratrina??

Good morning/afternoon all!

I hope you all had a good weekend! I had plans to do things around the house….and really that just did not happen. My allergies are kicking my butt and I felt pretty damn blah most of the weekend from it.

I did hang out with Caterpillar, things have been on the up and up lately and that makes me happy. I can only do my best and see where it goes, right? AKA: baby steps with a guard up. He is a newer photographer and he moved into a new studio space this weekend! This is huge as he has only been “in the game” if you will – for a little over a year. I am so proud of him and his progress that my heart was exploding. I think once he builds his client list, he will be in a much happier space. I feel creative minds can suffer when they are in a mundane job full time. So here is to him and hoping that these good vibes keep going.

Don’t worry, I took some time for me too! Some self care time…with some pizza. I ignored my phone unless necessary. Unplugging-ish is so nice from time to time. I set specific alerts for the important people, so I only looked when I felt the need.

I also picked up a sketch pad for the first time in years, to truly give it a real shot again. It was Nerve-racking. It clearly it is one of those skill sets that is a “use it or lose it” case because it was stressful, I hated the first line and I erased more than I sketched haha. I used to paint and draw sooo much and I just let it fall to the wayside -ugh. One of my goals is to try to build it back up again – we will see and I will of course share that process with you!

So some news – today marks 5 years at my job. I am not sure if I am really happy about it but I did get an increase, so yay!? I treated myself to a fabulous caffeinated beverage from Starbucks…I have a new name today as you can see from my featured image – Ratrina?? Something happened with that “K” is all I am saying haha! I have also been Catrina, which I let slide. I have also been Casandra. Not sure how I feel about this new one though haha.

NOWon to you!!! Tell me how your weekend went! I will also accept any ramblings, rants, random facts etc that you may have!

Thank you for reading!

xoxo,

1. Buffy Devane says:

It’s lucky you don’t want to stick with ‘Ratrina’ as “Diary of the Mad Ratter” doesn’t have quite the same zing(!)
    Good luck with the sketching — I love it myself in spite of possessing little or no talent; at the least, it’s therapeutic.
    Mine was a rather social weekend: which means good memories, but a light wallet until the middle of the month. Both good and bad. 😉

PS happy anniversary. 🙂

1. madkatter13 says:

HAHAHA!!! I think you are right – Ratrina is not nearly as charming or inviting. In fact I would probably lose my newly achieved 100 followers!

Thank you for the luck on sketching, I am going to need it…judging by last nights attempt! Social but light wallet – UGH! I hate it when that happens!! I go in with good intentions and budget, but that usually goes out the window when you are having fun :).

1. Buffy Devane says:

Haha well I fear you might be right… well done on the 100 followers, by the way. Lovely stuff… most deserved. 🙂
        Haha yes, those good intentions are quick to vanish, aren’t they? Good fun should be free (which I suppose it is) but food and drink always cost too much. 😉

2. madkatter13 says:

One more thing! I nominated you for a Friends for Days tag if you participate in them! No pressure ❤️

3. Buffy Devane says:

Gosh, that’s very sweet of you, Katrina… haha I’ll give it a good browse and see if my frazzled brain can give it a bash at some point!
        Thank you very much. You’re most kind. 🙂

4. madkatter13 says:

You are most welcome! I understand the frazzled brain, it is my default it seems 🙂 no pressure just wanted to share! I hope you have a great day!

5. Buffy Devane says:

Well I’m in good company with my frazzled brain, it seems. 🙂
        Have a great day, too!

2. Irene says:

“Ratrina” reminds me of Scooby Doo!! I am totally using that voice in my head now too. Ruh-Ro!
    Well I want to see some of your sketches!! I look forward to your posting them! I was trying to get back to ‘somewhat’ normal this weekend. We had great weather here so I tried to do some spring cleaning around the house. Monday has hit and I don’t want to adult today. I am home alone- kids are at school and I am too tired to care about being an adult. It would figure that I am being lazy and thunderstorms and rain are moving in! What the heck is up with that?!

1. madkatter13 says:

LOL! I busted up laughing at this and it made me so happy – thank you! The voice is playing in my head as well!!

Lazy thunderstorm days are where it’s at, I did that Monday too. I slept for like 15 hours, apparently I needed it?

I will make sure to post those sketches soon! I am eyeing them across the room… they are taunting me! UGH!

3. Tom Schultz says:

Reminds me of a Facebook post where someone said she was going to give her name to the barista as “Primrose Everdeen.” That way, when the barista called out her name, she could step forward Katniss-like and shout out, “I volunteer as Tribute!”

1. madkatter13 says:

Ah! I love this so much! Maybe I will through off the new barista by doing this! I got a great laugh at this, thank you! I hope you are having a good day!

1. Tom Schultz says:

I did have a good day and a better one after reading your comment. Glad you enjoyed the Prim/Katniss joke. I really liked the first Hunger Games movie.

4. Congrats on making 5 years! I always worry that I’m never going to make it that long in a company. The longest I’ve been with a job is 2 years and it was miserable. I think I would do much better as my own boss.
    my name is spelled different than the norm so every time I get my coffee it’s spelled wrong and I HATE it. I shouldn’t be so bothered but it’s like my biggest pet peeve.

1. madkatter13 says:

Thank you!!! I did not think I would make it 5 years myself! I usually burn out and panic between 2-3 years too…some how I am hanging in there haha.

Also, so glad to hear this little pet peeve of mine is shared with you! I hope you are having a good day and hope to chat again soon!

5. The millenial says:

I love the fact how you unplug from your phone. I have been trying to do this since i joined my new workplace. Its cool. hahah

1. madkatter13 says:

Thank you! I am trying to do this more often. We can do it – right!?

1. The millenial says:

yes. It will help us connect to the real world in a better way

6. Quinn says:

Yessss keep sketching! And well done on 5 years and the raise!

1. madkatter13 says:

Thank you lovely!

7. Cheila says:

Great post, Camilla!! hahaha xx

1. madkatter13 says:

LOL! I see what you did there! I also got a great laugh out of this 🙂

1. Cheila says:

If it makes you feel better I have been called Chelia by many followers